Lorry Mounted Forklift Truck Training (Moffett Training)
Vehicle Mounted Lift Trucks (also known as a Moffett truck) are mounted to the rear end of lorries, trucks or trailers. This allows the delivery driver who is responsible of delivering or picking goods on site to be able to use their Vehicle Mounted Lift Truck by disconnecting it off the transport. This allows efficiency on job, as the driver does not need to wait for site lift truck operators to load/unload as they can do it themselves.
The set up of this course is split into the three areas which are the Theory, Pre-Inspection and Practical. During the theory our instructors goes through the key relevant Health & Safety legislations, and the specific information regarding safety operation of the Vehicle Mounted Lift Truck. Pre-Inspection of the Vehicle Mounted Lift Truck helps delegates to identify the importance of carrying out checks before operating the truck, and the importance of reporting defects. And finally, the practical element focus is on practicing to operate the truck safely and correctly accordingly to what the task is.
Benefits of training:
- Teaches necessary skills and relevant job safety knowledge required for the safe operation of the machine.
- Encourages future good practice in order to maintain and promote these skills.
- Creates a safe working environment and procedures within the working area of the machine and it’s operator.
- Conforms with all relevant statutory procedures ( e.g. Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and relevant Approved Codes of Practice ).
- Provides greater productivity and cost saving as a direct result and maintenance of the training standards.
We can deliver this course as an accredited or inhouse certification depending on the booking requirements. To find out the suited course for yourself please call us now on 01902 862777.