If your workplace duties involve operating Angle Grinders, Bench Grinders, Chop Saws, Table Saws and Petrol Cut Off Saws. Then this is a course we highly recommend as it provides delegates with the requirements, knowledge, and skills to select, mount and dress abrasive wheels safely in accordance with the regulations
Objectives of course:
- Be aware of the Legal requirements with regards to the use of abrasive wheels
- Hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels and the precautions to be observed
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed
- How to store handle and transport abrasive wheel
- How to inspect and test abrasive wheels for damage
Abrasive Wheels is one of our popular courses having delivered it to over 2400 delegates with 99% recommending this course. Delegates are provided with a Manual Handling book, whilst getting the opportunity to practice their manual handling techniques with the props we have. The aim is to ensure delegates are fully aware and can identify good and bad manual handling techniques.
Our Abrasive Wheel trainers all come from different backgrounds such as Professional Medic, Ex-Military, Mountain Rescue, Industry and are very educated with certificates in NEBOSH, IOSH, First Aid etc. With their knowledge and experience in this field they are able to share their experienced into the delivery of the course and give valuable advice of the do’s and don’ts.
Successful completion of this course delegates are provided with an Abrasive Wheels certificate which can be used to evidence during audits.
To book or discuss your training requirements please call us now on 01902 862777.