To provide the theoretical and practical knowledge to operate and drive safely an industrial tractor, with or without trailers. This syllabus may be applied to rider tow tractors, pedestrian tow tractors and pedestrian tow tractors with a rider platform. The term “drive” may be substituted by “move” to accommodate both types.
- The need to Train
- Operators Safety Code
- Drawbar Rating
- Rated Capacity
- Stability/ Instability
- Pre-shift checks
- Battery maintenance and charging procedures/refuelling
- Towing brackets and types of trailers
- Basic and Advanced Steering
- Manoeuvring and reversing in open and confined areas
- Coupling and uncoupling
- Towing methods
- Load security and stability of trailers
- Safe use of ratchet straps
On completion of the course trainees will also have undergone the appropriate theoretical and practical tests of ‘basic operating skills and knowledge’ as endorsed by the appropriate accrediting bodies.
Cost of course (all prices exclude VAT)
£350 + VAT for up to 3 people at customer’s site
NEXT RUNNING COURSE..
Our services are fully mobile which means we are able to deliver courses in Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Solihull, Sandwell, Walsall but also Nationwide.