RTITB Lift Truck Instructor course will provide candidates with the skills required to instruct and examine operators for the working environment of lift trucks. Candidates will be equipped to understand how to do this in accordance with agreed best practice.
Successful completion of the course will require candidates to pass an examination that covers basic operating skills, associated knowledge and practical instructional ability.
This course covers, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Health and safety
- Relevant regulations, regarding Fork Lift Trucks
- Approved Code of Practice (ACOP)
- The role of the Instructor and qualities
- Basic principles of instruction
- Instructional Techniques
- Skills and task analysis
- Lesson structure (practical and theory)
- Report writing
- How to conduct a practical Lift Truck test
Successful candidates are eligible to register on the RTITB Register of Professional Instructors.
Novice candidate: Minimum 10 days
Re-Registration or Conversion candidate: 5 days