This qualification is for those with fire safety responsibilities in the workplace. It is ideal for managers, supervisors or employees who need to ensure that their organisation meets its responsibilities under fire safety legislation.
The full NEBOSH Fire Certificate qualification is divided into 3 units (NGC1, FC1 and FC2), each assessed separately:
Unit NGC1: Management of Health and Safety (not included in this course)
Unit FC1: Fire Safety and Risk Management
- Managing Fire Safety
- Principles of Fire and Explosion
- Causes and Prevention of Fires and Explosions
- Fire Protection in Buildings
- Safety of People in the Event of Fire
- Fire Safety Risk Assessment
Unit FC2: Practical Fire Risk Assessment
You must complete all units within 5 years to achieve the full NEBOSH Fire Certificate qualification.
- FC1: Tuition is in a 5 day block with homework and additional reading. This is then followed by one 2 hour written exam.
- FC2: The practical takes place at the candidate’s workplace