Candidates will be expected to identify basic construction and components together with their uses, limitations and principles of operation and understand the operator’s duties and responsibilities by the end of this training.
Yard Shunter Training
The Shunter trainee will be expected to identify basic construction and components together with their uses, limitations and principles of operation and understand the operator’s duties and responsibilities by the end of this training.
Designed for candidates that are required to operate a Yard Shunter.
Book our Yard Shunter Training
If you require an offsite course, please use our enquiry form and we will get back to you.
DISCLAIMERIt is your responsibility to ensure you have booked the correct course. Refunds will not be issued where you have selected the incorrect skill level.
- Basic understanding of the industry and the dangers of working in the industry and responsibilities as an operator
- Working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook in-regards to the use of the machine
- Identify major components and explain functions
- Be able to identify key controls and explain functions
- Maintain PPE related to the yard shunter
- Undertake pre-operational checks aligned to the manufactures and legislative requirements
- Prep machine for use and operate safe and efficiently
- Storage and transport of shunter attachments
- Knowledge of unloading and loading procedures for machine transportation
- Conduct all safety checks within the working area
- Conduct close-down procedures
COST OF COURSE (PRICE EXCLUDES VAT)
In-house – £375 per day at customer’s site
ITSSAR – £375 per day customer’s site (plus £10 per person for accreditation fee)
NPORS – £400 per day customer’s site (plus £40 per person accreditation fee)
Novice: 2 days
Refresher: 1 day