A Tow Tug Tractor (also known as a towing tractor), is a is a common piece of equipment used in logistics, airports and the industry sector. A Tow Tug Tractor allows businesses to transport attached cages or pallets around facilities safely and quickly.
There are three types of Tow Tug Tractors, please see below:
- H1: Tow Tractor and Trailer (Rider)
- H2: Tow Tractor and Trailer (Pedestrian)
- H3: Tow Tractor over 30,000kg Draw Bar Pull
The set up of this course is split into the three areas which are the Theory, Pre-Inspection and Practical. During the theory our instructors goes through the key relevant Health & Safety legislations, and the specific information regarding to safety operation of the Tow Tug Tractor & Trailer Truck. Pre-Inspection of the Tow Tug Tractor & Trailer Truck helps delegates to identify the importance of carrying out checks before operating the truck, and the importance of reporting defects. And finally, the practical element focus is on practicing to operate the truck safely and correctly accordingly to what the task is.
Objectives of training:
- To provide the theoretical and practical knowledge to recognise, prevent and correct unsafe practice in the use of work equipment.
- The importance of training, testing and authorisation
- Health and safety legislation
- Introduction to the equipment
- Starting/moving/stopping and steering the tractor
- Principles of Towing
- The operators’ safety code
Our Tow Tug Tractor & Trailer trainers all come from different backgrounds such as Professional Medic, Ex-Military, Mountain Rescue, Industry and are very educated with certificates in NEBOSH, IOSH, First Aid etc. With their knowledge and experience in this field they are able to share their experience into the delivery of the course and give valuable advice of the do’s and don’ts.
We can deliver this course as an accredited or inhouse certification depending on the booking requirements. To find out the suited course for yourself please call us now on 01902 862777.