Levels of Telescopic Handler truck:
At PLT Training, we offer a range of Telescopic Handler truck training courses tailored to meet your requirements:
Novice: Little or no experience operating the Telescopic Handler truck – 3 to 5 days
Experienced: Has relevant experience operating the Telescopic Handler truck but has had no formal training – 2 to 3 days
Refresher: For Operators who have held their Telescopic Handler certificate for over 3 years – 1 day
Conversion: Hold lift truck certificate on a similar machine and would like to convert to a Telescopic Handler truck – 1 to 2 days
Additionally, we provide a attachment and familiarisation course for operators who currently hold a Telescopic Handler truck certificate and require to get familiar with either a new Telescopic Handler truck or a new attachment within same ABA category.
Telescopic Handler truck uses:
Telescopic Handlers are versatile trucks that are used both indoors and outdoors to lift, move and place loads in a safe manner through the different types of attachments fitted to suit the job the operator is carrying out i.e. bricks and gravel to lumber. This truck is very popular at Construction sites due to its powerful and multi-purpose capabilities.
Main areas Telescopic Handler truck training:
The set up of this course is split into the three areas which are the Theory, Pre-Inspection and Practical. During the theory our instructors goes through the key relevant Health & Safety legislations, and the specific information regarding safety operation of the Telescopic Handler truck. Pre-Inspection of the Telescopic Handler truck helps delegates to identify the importance of carrying out checks before operating the truck, and the importance of reporting defects. And finally, the practical element focus is on practicing to operate the truck safely and correctly accordingly to what the task is.
Benefits of training:
- Teaches necessary skills and relevant job safety knowledge required for the safe operation of the machine.
- Encourages future good practice in order to maintain and promote these skills.
- Creates a safe working environment and procedures within the working area of the machine and it’s operator.
- Conforms with all relevant statutory procedures ( e.g. Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and relevant Approved Codes of Practice ).
- Provides greater productivity and cost saving as a direct result and maintenance of the training standards.
We can deliver this course as an accredited or inhouse certification depending on the booking requirements. To find out the suited course for yourself please call us now on 01902 862777.