This course provides delegates with the skills and knowledge required for those working in Healthcare and Social sectors where their job involves moving, lifting, or manually handling people within your care duties.
During this course delegates will be taught the importance of good manual handling practices involving safe movement of people in the healthcare and social sector. Bad practices can have an impact on both carer and patient, according to HSE between 2021/2022 there was a total of 477,000 workers who suffered with work-related musculoskeletal disorders.
So if you are in the Healthcare and social sector, and your duties involve handling and movement of people we highly recommend this course.
Objectives of course:
- Understand the importance of safe manual handling
- Know how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and Safety
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
- Understand the personal safety, health and dignity issues relating to the movement of a person by others
- Understand how a personal handling plan and risk assessment reduce the risk of injury to everyone involved in moving a person
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with moving people safely
- Be able to apply safe principles when moving a person
Our trainers all come from different backgrounds such as Professional Medic, Ex-Military, Mountain Rescue, Industry and are very educated with certificates in NEBOSH, IOSH, First Aid etc. With their knowledge and experience in this field they are able to share their experienced into the delivery of the course and give valuable advice of the do’s and don’ts.
Successful completion of this course delegates are provided with a Level 2 Safe Moving and Handling of People certificate through our accredited partner Qualsafe. Qualsafe are one of the largest Ofqual recognised Awarding Organisations in the UK with a team of industry specialists who have created a range qualifications that are included on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
To book or discuss your training requirements please call us now on 01902 862777.