Rough Terrain Telescopic Handlers are used at building and construction sites to move material/loads around safely. The Rough Terrain has a telescopic boom which extends forward and upwards away from the truck and any obstacles whilst loading and unloading. This type of truck can come with a variety of attachments depending on the requirement of the load i.e. forks, clamps, loading shovels etc.
The set up of this course is split into the three areas which are the Theory, Pre-Inspection and Practical. During the theory our instructors goes through the key relevant Health & Safety legislations, and the specific information regarding safety operation of the Container Handler. Pre-Inspection of the Container Handler helps delegates to identify the importance of carrying out checks before operating the truck, and the importance of reporting defects. And finally, the practical element focus is on practicing to operate the truck safely and correctly accordingly to what the task is.
Benefits of training:
- Teaches necessary skills and relevant job safety knowledge required for the safe operation of the machine.
- Encourages future good practice in order to maintain and promote these skills.
- Creates a safe working environment and procedures within the working area of the machine and it’s operator.
- Conforms with all relevant statutory procedures ( e.g. Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and relevant Approved Codes of Practice ).
- Provides greater productivity and cost saving as a direct result and maintenance of the training standards.
We can deliver this course as an accredited or inhouse certification depending on the booking requirements. To find out the suited course for yourself please call us now on 01902 862777.