Reach Truck Training
PLT Training’s Reach Forklift Operator Training Course focuses on equipping delegates with the necessary Skills to operate Reach forklift safely and efficiently through our accreditation partners RTITB, ITSSAR, AITT, NPORS or a Inhouse certification.
This comprehensive training course covers essential aspects including conducting pre-use inspections and understanding the factors contributing to truck and load instability. It is crucial for operators to attain a proficient skill level to ensure the safe and competent operation of reach forklifts.
By the end of the course the operator should state the reasons for operators training, and pass a basic operatives skills test as set out in the HSE publication Rider-Operated Lift Trucks, Approved Code of Practice, (L117).
Training can take place at our dedicated forklift training centre in Wolverhampton, West Midlands or at your workplace, providing you have the necessary facilities for forklift training.
Levels of Reach Forklift Training we offer.
At PLT Training, we offer a range of Reach forklift training courses tailored to meet your requirements:
Novice: Little or no experience operating the Reach forklift – 3 to 5 days
Experienced: Has relevant experience operating the Reach forklift but has had no formal training – 2 to 3 days
Refresher: For Operators who have held their Reach forklift certificate for over 3 years – 1 day
Conversion: Hold lift truck certificate on a similar machine and would like to convert to a Reach forklift– 1 to 2 days
Additionally, we provide a attachment and familiarisation course for operators who currently hold a Reach forklift certificate and require to get familiar with either a new Reach forklift or a new attachment within same ABA category.
PLT Training Centre:
- Novice course (up to 5 days): £440.00 per person
- Refresher (1 day): £165.00 per person
- Experienced course (up to 3 days): £335.00 per person
- Conversion (up to 2 days) £255.00 per person
- £315.00 per day (up to 3 people) ITSSAR TOPS registration add £10 per person OR RTITB NORS registration add £10 per person
Book our Reach Truck Training
If you require an offsite course, please use our enquiry form and we will get back to you.
DISCLAIMERIt is your responsibility to ensure you have booked the correct course. Refunds will not be issued where you have selected the incorrect skill level.
Category: Forklift Training Courses
D1, D2, D3
Full Course Information
Reach Forklift Uses
Reach forklifts are mainly used indoors specifically for aisles in warehouses as they can manoeuvre through tight spots/aisles whilst being able to lift loads above 3 meters to load and unload on the racking systems.
Main Areas of Reach Forklift Training
The set up of this course is split into the three areas which are the Theory, Pre-Inspection and Practical.
- During the theory our instructors goes through the key relevant Health & Safety legislations, and the specific information regarding safety operation of the Reach forklift.
- Pre-Inspection of the Reach forklift helps delegates to identify the importance of carrying out checks before operating the truck, and the importance of reporting defects.
- The practical element focus is on practicing to operate the truck safely and correctly accordingly to what the task is.
Benefits of training:
- Teaches necessary skills and relevant job safety knowledge required for the safe operation of a reach forklift.
- Encourages future good practice in order to maintain and promote these skills.
- Creates a safe working environment and procedures within the working area of reach trucks and their operator.
- Conforms with all relevant statutory procedures ( e.g. Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and relevant Approved Codes of Practice ).
- Provides greater productivity and cost saving as a direct result, and maintenance of the training standards.
As an accredited centre, we can deliver reach truck training courses at our training centre in Wolverhampton, West Midlands, or, anywhere, as an inhouse certification depending on the premises and booking requirements. To discuss your personal training requirements please call us now on 01902 862777.
- Need to train
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 – Employers & Employees Duties
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- Principle of counterbalance
- Rated Capacity/Load centres
- Understand the causes of instability of lift-truck and load.
- Operators safety code
- Relevant films
- Theory test
- Carry out a pre-use inspection checks
- Battery charging and maintenance
- Basic steering
- Advanced steering (chicane, confined areas)
- Elementary use of hydraulic controls
- Loading and unloading a vehicle (if required)
- Use of industrial racking systems
- Use of free standing stacks (if required)
- Stacking and de-stacking at all level from ground to high levels
- Operators practical skills test
See what our trainees say
Got taught the HLOP by Aaron within just a few days, great service very humorous guy
12. October, 2023.
Lovely experience and great delivery from the instructor, I recommend anytime this course. Lovely instructor Clif
6. October, 2023.
Just done a order picker course with cliff Brilliant instructor would recommend this course
6. October, 2023.
Done a crane course with Paul! Was very good, would highly recommend! Also done side loader with Toby, was also very good!
27. September, 2023.
Very good course that I would certainly recommend, even as a confident driver paul has grown my confidence even more, not only do I know how to drive a truck better on the course you will gain the knowledge of how a truck functions, the course is informative & entertaining so you do not feel like you’re in a classroom.
7. September, 2023.
Three day side loader passed with cliff great instructor
17. August, 2023.
Had a training for MEWP done at ILG today by Toby. He’s a very dynamic and straightforward person. His friendly approach made this course go smooth and funny. I’d highly recommend the MEWP course and also I’d highly recommend Toby as a trainer
Alexandra D Florescu
3. August, 2023.
I recommend this company for training courses. Toby was a nice guy, explain to us all the informations very well and he was interactive.
3. August, 2023.
Just had our training on the isle of wight with Paul. Very friendly Professional and informative would highly recommend.
27. July, 2023.