Overhead Cranes is a piece of equipment/machinery designed to lift and move heavy items from one location to another in a safe and efficient manner. Overhead cranes are used commonly in the manufacturing, steel production, mining, chemical and recycling industries due to the advantage of being able to lift and move heavy loads efficiently.
Types of Overhead Cranes (pendant/remote):
- Bridge Crane
- Jib Crane
- Gantry Cranes
- Monorail Cranes
- And many more
Levels of Overhead Crane training:
Novice: Little or no experience operating the Overhead Crane – up to 2 days (£425.00 per day)
Experienced: Has relevant experience operating the Overhead Crane but has had no formal training – 1 day (£425.00 per day)
Refresher: For Operators who have held their Overhead Crane certificate for over 3 years – 1 day (£425.00 per day)
Additionally, we provide a attachment and familiarisation course for operators who currently hold a Overhead Crane certificate and require to get familiar with either a new Overhead Crane or a new attachment.
Main areas Overhead Crane training:
The set up of this course is split into the three areas which are the Theory, Pre-Inspection and Practical.
- During the theory our instructors goes through the key relevant Health & Safety legislations, and the specific information regarding safety operation of the Overhead Crane.
- Pre-Inspection of the Overhead Crane helps delegates to identify the importance of carrying out checks before operating the truck, and the importance of reporting defects.
- The practical element focus is on practicing to operate the truck safely and correctly accordingly to what the task is.
Benefits of training:
- Teaches necessary skills and relevant job safety knowledge required for the safe operation of the machine.
- Encourages future good practice in order to maintain and promote these skills.
- Creates a safe working environment and procedures within the working area of the machine and it’s operator.
- Conforms with all relevant statutory procedures ( e.g. Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and relevant Approved Codes of Practice ).
- Provides greater productivity and cost saving as a direct result and maintenance of the training standards.
We can deliver this course as an accredited or inhouse certification depending on the booking requirements. To find out the suited course for yourself please call us now on 01902 862777.