Levels of Order Picker Forklift:
At PLT Training, we offer a range of Order Picker forklift training courses tailored to meet your requirements:
Novice: Little or no experience operating the Order Picker forklift – 3 to 5 days
Experienced: Has relevant experience operating the Order Picker forklift but has had no formal training – 2 to 3 days
Refresher: For Operators who have held their Order Picker forklift certificate for over 3 years – 1 day
Conversion: Hold lift truck certificate on a similar machine and would like to convert to a Order Picker forklift – 1 to 2 days
Additionally, we provide a attachment and familiarisation course for operators who currently hold a Order Picker forklift certificate and require to get familiar with either a new Order Picker forklift or a new attachment within same ABA category.
Order Picker forklift truck uses:
Order Picker Trucks are commonly used in warehouses & distribution centres to fulfill order applications. They are a great option to pick up individual items from shelves or racking systems to be manoeuvred around tight aisles effectively.
Main areas Order Picker forklift training:
The set up of this course is split into the three areas which are the Theory, Pre-Inspection and Practical. During the theory our instructors goes through the key relevant Health & Safety legislations, and the specific information regarding safety operation of the Order Picker Truck. Pre-Inspection of the Order Picker Truck helps delegates to identify the importance of carrying out checks before operating the truck, and the importance of reporting defects. And finally, the practical element focus is on practicing to operate the truck safely and correctly accordingly to what the task is.
Benefits of training:
- Teaches necessary skills and relevant job safety knowledge required for the safe operation of the machine.
- Encourages future good practice in order to maintain and promote these skills.
- Creates a safe working environment and procedures within the working area of the machine and it’s operator.
- Conforms with all relevant statutory procedures ( e.g. Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and relevant Approved Codes of Practice ).
- Provides greater productivity and cost saving as a direct result and maintenance of the training standards.
We can deliver this course as an accredited or inhouse certification depending on the booking requirements. To find out the suited course for yourself please call us now on 01902 862777.