Workers that are involved with duties that involve potential danger from heat need to be aware of risks that they may face, and the safety procedures that have or need to be implemented to reduce injuries and accidents within their workplace. Potential fires can cause thousands of pounds of damage in property and business loss, hence it is vital that your staff are aware of hot work hazards and controls
Topics covered during course:
- The fire safety within a Hot Work environment, including how a fire starts, control methods, emergency procedures, fire risk assessment and the safe storage of flammable products.
- The Legal requirements for safe systems of work and Hot Work permits
- Using and designing a simple Hot Work permit and method statements
- How to prepare to carry out Hot Work
- What precautions to take during and after Hot Work
- The common hazards associated with Hot Work
Our Hot Work trainers all come from different backgrounds such as Professional Medic, Ex-Military, Mountain Rescue, Industry and are very educated with certificates in NEBOSH, IOSH, First Aid etc. With their knowledge and experience in this field they are able to share their experienced into the delivery of the course and give valuable advice of the do’s and don’ts.
Successful completion of this course delegates are provided with a Hot Works Awareness certificate. After this course delegates have the option to build their H&S knowledge by booking themselves onto the IOSH Managing Safely course.
To book or discuss your training requirements please call us now on 01902 862777.