What is a Confined Space?
A space which is substantially (though not always entirely) enclosed, small/difficult to work in or to enter/exit, and place where specific skills are required for the job. Examples of confined spaces; vats, manholes, furnaces, pits etc. Due to the nature of the task there is an increase in exposure to specified risks such as dangerous condition due to lack of energy and hazard substances.
Who is the course for?
Our Confined Spaces training course is designed for employers, employees and the self-employed whom duties involve working in a confined space.
Due to the risks involved in Confined Spaces this course is split into 2 days to ensure delegates are prepared and ready to enter confined areas which have medium to high risk:
- Theory: Relevant legislations, confined space risk assessment, rescue plan, permit to work, air monitors, harnesses, entry procedures, duties etc.
- Practical: Harness pre-use checks and fitting, emergency escape breathing apparatus, and rescue scenarios
During the practical sessions delegates are provided with full breathing apparatus (face mask, harness and cylinder), escape set and air monitor so they have plenty of practice to build their skill, knowledge and confidence when working in confined spaces that have medium to high risk. We also offer an additional 3rd day which includes first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and use of automated external defibrillator (aed) required during a rescue.
Cost of course (Excluding VAT)
Inhouse (2 Days) – £525 per delegate
Inhouse (3 Days) – £575 per delegate
Both courses include full breathing apparatus (face mask, harness and cylinder), escape set and air monitor for the practical sessions.
Benefits of training
- Teaches necessary skills and relevant job safety knowledge required for the safe entry, exit and rescue in confined spaces.
- Encourages future good practice in order to maintain and promote these skills.
- Creates a safe working environment and procedures within the working area.
- Conforms with all relevant statutory procedures ( e.g. Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and Confined Spaces Regulation 1992 (2009)).
We can deliver this course as an accredited NPORS or inhouse certification depending on the booking requirements. To find out the suited course for yourself please call us now on 01902 862777.