Operators should be trained to an essential level of skill to work with Telescopic Handler trucks safely, efficiently and with competence. By the end of the course the operator should state the reasons for operators training, and pass a basic operatives skills test as set out in the HSE publication Rider-Operated Lift Trucks, Approved Code of Practice, (L117).
Training available at clients site ONLY.
- Need to train
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 – Employers & Employees Duties
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- Principle of counterbalance
- Rated capacity/Load centres and safe load indicator (SLI)
- Understand the causes of instability of lift-truck and load
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Operators safety code
- Theory test
- Carry out a pre-use inspection checks
- Refuelling and maintenance
- Basic steering including 2 wheel, 4 wheel and crab steering
- Advanced steering (rough terrain and confined areas)
- Elementary use of hydraulic controls
- Loading and unloading a vehicle (if required)
- Use of scaffold towers
- Use of free standing stacks (if required)
- Stacking and de-stacking at all level from ground to high levels
- Operators practical skills test
Cost of course (price excludes VAT)
ITSSAR/RTITB/Inhouse– £350 per day (plus £10 per person accreditation fee)
NPORS (N010)– £400 per day (plus £40 per person accreditation fee)
Information clarified at the time of enquiry.
This training can only take place at the clients site.
Our services are fully mobile which means we are able to deliver courses in Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Solihull, Sandwell, Walsall but also Nationwide.