A safe system of work is a considered method of working that takes full and proper account of the hazards created by the use of the machinery and equipment, the hazards and risks to be avoided should be identified during a risk assessment.
This programme will focus on the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER)1998 and identify the requirements for employers with regard to work equipment.
Upon completion the delegates will have gained knowledge of:
- Suitability and maintenance
- Work equipment inspection
- Specific risks
- Information/instruction and training
- Conformity with community requirements
- Dangerous parts and specified hazards
- High or very low temperatures
- Work equipment controls and work equipment control systems
- Isolation from sources of energy
- Stability, lighting and maintenance operations
- Work equipment markings and work equipment warnings
- Mobile work equipment
The training enables the delegates to be competent to undertake a PUWER Risk Assessment upon completion.
Half a day