This course aims to train delegates in the statutory requirements of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (as applies to power presses) for companies who have limited variety of press and guard type. Due to the high risk of injury when working with power presses, it is critical that employees working in their vicinity receive instruction on avoiding injury.
Course is suitable Supervisors and Managers but also the maintenance and tool room teams.
Upon completion the delegates will have gained knowledge of:
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (as applied to Presses) content applicable to the safe use of power presses e.g. Regulation 11 – Dangerous Parts of Machinery
- The Health and Safety at Work Etc. Act 1974 and Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Power Press Components
- Guards and Protection Devices including types and functions, methods of installing, inspecting and testing including detection of defects
- Guard design for ease of production and tool setting. BS 13857: 2008 – the minimum distances for guards away from traps.
- HSG 180 the application of photoelectric sensing devices
- Revolution clutch presses with fixed guards
- Press brakes
- Only part revolution clutch presses
- Hydraulic presses and press brakes
COST OF COURSE (ALL PRICES EXCLUDE VAT)
At PLT Training – £250 per delegate
Offsite (customer site) – £600.00 (up to 12 delegates)
This training can only take place at the clients site
Our services are fully mobile which means we are able to deliver courses in Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Solihull, Sandwell, Walsall but also Nationwide.