This course aims to train delegates in accordance to statutory requirements of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (as applies to power presses). Due to the high risk of injury when working with power presses, it is critical that employees working in their vicinity receive instruction on avoiding injury.
Course is suitable Supervisors and Managers but also the maintenance and tool room teams.
Upon completion the delegates will have gained knowledge of:
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (as applied to Presses) content applicable to the safe use of power presses e.g. Regulation 11 – Dangerous Parts of Machinery
- The Health and Safety at Work Etc. Act 1974 and Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Power Press components in detail related to the press types, including the visual and audible indicators and safety critical mechanism parts of the press could imminently “fail to danger”.
- Guards and Protection Devices including types and functions, methods of installing, inspecting and testing including detection of defects
- Guard design for ease of production and tool setting. BS 13857: 2008 – the minimum distances for guards away from traps.• Press maintenance for safety and economic and efficient production
- HSG 236 Power Presses: Maintenance and Thorough Examination
- Safe methods for tool setting for safety and efficient production.
- Mechanics and methods of tool clamping
COST OF COURSE (ALL PRICES EXCLUDE VAT)
At PLT Training – £395 per delegate
Offsite (customer site) – £1200.00 (up to 12 delegates)
This training can only take place at the clients site
Our services are fully mobile which means we are able to deliver courses in Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Solihull, Sandwell, Walsall but also Nationwide.