Operators should be trained to an essential level of skill to work with Pivot Steer (also known as a Bendi or Flexi Truck or Turret) trucks safely, efficiently and with competence. By the end of the course the operator should state the reasons for operators training, and pass a basic operatives skills test as set out in the HSE publication Rider-Operated Lift Trucks, Approved Code of Practice, (L117).
- Need to train
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 – Employers & Employees Duties
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- Principle of counterbalance
- Rated capacity/Load centres
- Understand the causes of instability of lift-truck and load.
- Operators safety code
- Relevant films
- Theory test
- Carry out a pre-use inspection checks
- Refuelling or battery charging and maintenance
- Basic steering
- Advanced steering (chicane, confined areas)
- Elementary use of hydraulic controls
- Loading and unloading a vehicle (if required)
- Use of industrial racking systems
- Use of free standing stacks (if required)
- Stacking and de-stacking at all level from ground to high levels
- Operators practical skills test
next course running..
This training can take place at your site or at our Training Centre in Wolverhampton