This paediatric first aid course meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation stage statutory framework as well as OFSTED for registered child-minders and nannies under the Approved Carers Scheme.
The course focuses on emergency scenarios that are faced by professionals including teachers, au pairs and playgroup leaders looking after young children (up to eight years old). It can also be used as evidence for employees working towards an NVQ in Childcare and Education.
Upon completion the delegates will have gained knowledge of:
- First Aid kit
- Action planning
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Resuscitation (child, infant and adult protocols)
- Choking (child, infant and adult protocols)
- Asthma and diabetic emergencies
- Head injuries
- Sprains, strains and fractures
- Poisoning, bites and stings
- Foreign objects
- Childhood conditions (e.g. measles, meningitis, croup)
Cost of course (prices exclude VAT)
Offsite (customer site)
£650 for the 2 day course – up to 12 people per course
£425 for the 1 day course – up to 12 people per course
- Two 6 hour sessions (2 days) in line with OFSTED
- One 6 hour session (1 day)
NEXT COURSE RUNNING..
Our services are fully mobile which means we are able to deliver courses in Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Solihull, Sandwell, Walsall but also Nationwide.