Operators should be trained to an essential level of skill to work with Order Picker trucks safely, efficiently and with competence. By the end of the course the operator should state the reasons for operators training, and pass a basic operatives skills test as set out in the HSE publication Rider-Operated Lift Trucks, Approved Code of Practice, (L117).
Training available at clients site ONLY.
- Need to train
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 – Employers & Employees Duties
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- Principle of counterbalance
- Rated capacity/Load centres
- Understand the causes of instability of lift-truck and load
- Operators safety code
- Relevant films
- Theory test
- Carry out a pre-use inspection checks
- Battery charging and maintenance
- Basic steering
- Advanced steering (chicane, confined areas)
- Elementary use of hydraulic controls
- Operators practical skills test
Cost of course (price excludes VAT)
£275.00 per day (up to 3 people)
ITSSAR TOPS registration add £10 per person OR RTITB NORS registration add £10 per person Plus £5 per person if photo card required
This training can only take place at the clients site
Our services are fully mobile which means we are able to deliver courses in Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Solihull, Sandwell, Walsall but also Nationwide.