This course will ensure that employees are adequately trained in accordance with The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005. The training includes a simple explanation on the nature of sound, how it can cause damage to hearing, and how workplace noise can be controlled. Practical demonstrations of various types of hearing protection are also included.
In order to comply with The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005, an employer must provide training to any employee who may be exposed to significant noise levels i.e. above First Action Level. The course is also recommended to managers who have specific responsibilities regarding health and safety, and supervisors who are required to enforce the necessary control measures.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Recognise when there may be a risk of harmful exposure, and when a noise assessment is required
- Recognise early warning signs and symptoms of noise induced hearing effects
- State the maximum daily exposure levels, and explain how these can vary according to level or time of exposure
- Outline the main requirements imposed by the Noise at Work Regulations on employer and employee
- Suggest methods of controlling noise without resorting to personal hearing protection
- Select the appropriate type of personal hearing protection and ensure that it is fitted and worn correctly.
Cost of Course (Prices exclude VAT
Offsite (customer site) – £395 for up to 10 delegates
Half a day
Our services are fully mobile which means we are able to deliver courses in Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Solihull, Sandwell, Walsall but also Nationwide.