Claim 10% off the next NEBOSH General Certificate course scheduled to commence on the 9th September 2019. Special Joyful June offer expires on the 30th June 2019!!!
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is held by more people in the UK than any other health and safety qualification. Designed to help Managers, Supervisors and other members of staff effectively manage risks as well as giving them a broad understanding of health and safety.
The course units are:
- Management of Health and Safety (NGC1)
- Controlling Workplace Hazards (GC2)
- Health and Safety Practical Approaches (GC3)
Students will carry out a practical assessment (GC3) in their own workplace as one examination, together with 2 written theory examinations (NGC1 and GC2), which will take place under exam conditions at PLT Training.
The course covers the main legal requirements for health and safety in the UK. It also deals with an in-depth identification and control of workplace hazards and the practical way in which to approach them to ensure health and safety in the workplace. Example modules include:
- The Management of Health and Safety
- The Principles of Risk Assessment – including practical models
- Incident and Accident Investigation and Reporting
- Manual and Mechanical Handling
- Fire Safety and Fire Risk Assessment
- Occupational Health e.g. Noise, Vibration, Radiation
Upon completion the delegates will have an understanding of:
- The statutory requirements for health & safety management in the workplace
- Management Systems and Safety Culture
- Control of workplace hazards and methods of how to eliminate or reduce risks via principles of control
- Safe Systems of Work – including Permit to work
- Occupational Health – Chemical and Biological Health
- 10 days Tutorial
- 2 days Exam (Mornings, each 2 hours)
We break it down to 5 days of tutorial, with an exam the following week; followed by a further 5 days of tutorial, with the final exam the next week.