We deliver the NEW syllabus which was updated in 2019.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is held by more people in the UK than any other health and safety qualification. Designed to help managers, supervisors and other members of staff to effectively manage risks and gain a broad understanding of health and safety issues. The course is made up of the following units:
- Management of Health and Safety (NG1)
- Risk Assessment(NG2)
Students carry out a practical assessment in their own workplace as one of the examinations, together with 1 written theory examination.
The course covers the main legal requirements for health and safety in the UK. It also deals with an in-depth identification and control of workplace hazards and the practical way in which to approach them to ensure health & safety in the workplace. Example modules include:
- The Management of Health & Safety/Promoting a positive health & safety culture
- Incident and Accident investigation and reporting
- The Principles of Risk Assessment – including practical models
- Manual and Mechanical Handling
- Fire Safety and Fire Risk Assessment
- Occupational Health – e.g. Noise, Vibration, Radiation
Upon completion the delegates will have an understanding of:
- The statutory requirements for health & safety management in the workplace
- Management Systems and Safety Culture
- Control of workplace hazards and methods of how to eliminate or reduce risks via principles of control
- Safe Systems of Work – including Permit to work
- Occupational Health – Chemical and Biological Health
Cost of course (prices exclude VAT)
£100 for a re-sit of examination or assessment
- 10 days Tutorial
- 1 Exam
Next course running
Our services are fully mobile which means we are able to deliver courses in Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Solihull, Sandwell, Walsall but also Nationwide.