The NEBOSH Environmental Certificate is aimed at managers, supervisors and employees with responsibility for managing environmental issues as part of their day to day duties.
This certificate will focus on impact assessments and environmental management systems.
The certificate consists of 2 units, with a separate assessment for each:
- EC1: Management and control of environmental hazards
- Foundations in environmental management
- Environmental management systems
- Environmental impact assessments
- Control of environmental issues: air, water, waste and land and noise
- Sources and use of energy and energy efficiency
- Planning for and dealing with environmental emergencies
- Practical application, based on the review of a workplace with report to senior management
- Risk management practices, based on industry standards and best practice
- EC2: Environmental practical application
5 days intensive training:
- EC1: Assessed by a two hour written exam
- EC2: Assessed by a two hour work based practical assessment