The Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH) is the World’s largest Chartered Body for Health & Safety Professionals. Their accredited Managing Safely course is designed to equip Managers and Supervisors from any sector, and any organisation worldwide, with the practical actions they need to take, and gain the knowledge and tools to tackle the safety and health issues they’re responsible for. To be awarded the IOSH Managing Safely Certificate candidates are required to pass a multi-format question paper at the end of the course, and complete a work based risk assessment with two weeks of the end of the course date.
This course is designed for managers and supervisors in any organisation who are responsible for teams or groups of employees, and who are required to manage risk and resources.
On successful completion of the course, delegates:
- Will understand the Moral, Legal and Financial reasons for managing safely
- Be able to recognize, evaluate and control workplace risks
- Understand their responsibilities with regards to Health & Safety in the workplace
- Be able to recognize and implement effective Safety Management Systems
- Be equipped to carry out effective incident investigations to recognize actions to prevent re-occurrence Understand the advantage of active monitoring in the successful implementation of the Safety Management System
- Module 1 – Introducing Managing Safely
- Module 2 – Assessing Risks
- Module 3 – Controlling Risks
- Module 4 – Understanding Responsibilities
- Module 5 – Understanding Hazards
- Module 6 – Investigating Incidents
- Module 7 – Measuring Performance