This course is for anyone with a responsibility to conduct risk assessments. It is particularly useful for managers and supervisors but it will be equally beneficial to individual workers, team leaders, technicians, engineers or any other personnel contributing to the risk assessment process.
A properly implemented programme of risk assessments can assist in the prevention of injuries, fatalities, property damage incidents and other losses.
Apart from the corporate and personal benefits arising from risk assessment, employers and the self employed have a legal duty to make suitable and sufficient assessments of the risks to the Health and Safety of employees, non-employees and the self employed.
Upon completion the delegates will have gained knowledge of:
- Legal requirements for undertaking risk assessments
- Benefits of risk assessment programmes
- Good practice in risk assessment
- Identifying common workplace hazards
- Rating and prioritising risks
- Introducing and monitoring effective controls
- Recording and reviewing assessments
The training enables the delegates to be competent to undertake a general risk assessment upon completion.
Half a day