This 1-Day course covers the content of the Level 1 course but also expands on the effects of drugs and alcohol, incorporates the First Aid for Mental Health Action Plan and covers ways in which a positive mental health culture can be supported within a workplace.
Range of First Aid for Mental Health related subjects are covered including:
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Mental health conditions
- Drugs and alcohol
- First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
A Qualsafe Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment. There is no expiry of the qualification, but annual refresher training is recommended
Successful completion will prepare delegates to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the organisations Health and Safety Management System.