Delegates will be provided with the knowledge and skills to enable them to fulfil the role of ‘Competent Person’. Fire Risk Assessment is a mandatory legal task that all companies with over five employees must carry out to mitigate/control any fire hazards/risks within the workplace.
This course will include the basic principles of fire safety, how to conduct, record and produce an official Fire Risk Assessment through to demonstrating the companies legal commitment to health & safety.
Fire Risk Assessment training would be suitable for supervisory staff, nominated emergency response personnel or anyone who needs an appreciation of the role of Fire Safety Person.
Fire Risk Assessment:
- Fire triangle
- Cause of fires
- How fire spreads
- Fire hazards
- Control measures
- The basic steps of Fire Risk Assessment as outlined in ‘The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005’
- The elements required in each of the five steps of the risk assessment
- Completing a Fire Risk Assessment document
Role of the Responsible Person:
- Explanation of the duties and overall responsibilities
- Identify fire hazards and people at risk and to remove or reduce the risk of those hazards causing harm to as low as is reasonably practical
- Determine what fire safety measures and management policies are necessary to ensure the safety of people in the building should a fire occur by reducing the probability of a fire starting; ensuring that all occupants are alerted and can leave the premises safely in the event of a fire; limiting the effects should a fire occur
- 1 day