This course is ideal for First Aiders whose certificate is due to expire and they wish to renew it.
This refresher course will enable delegates:
- To provide help and give safe, prompt and effective First Aid to a casualty in the workplace following an injury or illness
- To act safely, promptly and effectively with emergencies at work
- To be familiar with the types and uses of first aid equipment
- To gain an appreciation the duties of employers and the legal framework
- Be familiar with records keeping and management issues in connection with an emergency
- For course members to recognize the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures
The following will be covered:
- Resuscitation (CPR)
- The unconscious casualty
- Responsibilities employers and employees
- Managing accident
- Prevention of infection
- Control of wounded or bleeding casualty
- Treatment of burns and scalds
- Treatment of injury to fractures
- Treatment of shock
- Recognition and action for medical illness
- Airway and breathing disorder
- Use of First Aid equipment
- Recovery position
On successful completion students will receive an accredited Qualsafe/EFR (Emergency First Response) certificate, which is valid for 3 years.
Cost of course (prices exclude VAT)
At PLT Training – £165 per delegate
Offsite (customer site) – £850 for up to 12 delegates
NEXT COURSE RUNNING..
Our services are fully mobile which means we are able to deliver courses in Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Solihull, Sandwell, Walsall but also Nationwide.