This 3 day course is designed for those who wish to become an appointed First Aider within their company.
Delegates will be able:
- To provide help and give safe, prompt and effective First Aid to a casualty in the workplace following an injury or illness
- To act safely, promptly and effectively with emergencies at work
- To be familiar with the types and uses of first aid equipment
- To gain an appreciation the duties of employers and the legal framework
- Be familiar with records keeping and management issues in connection with an emergency
- For course members to recognize the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures
The following will be covered:
- Emergency response
- Resuscitation (CPR) & AED
- Breathing Disorder
- Managing an accident
- Transportation of victim
- Unconscious casualty
- Control of bleeding: Tourniquet and castrophic bleeding including haemostatic agents
- Treatment of burns & scalds
- Treatment of injury to bones & joints
- Treatment of shock
- Treatment of eye injuries
- Treatment for poisonings
- Treatment of those overcome by gas or fumes
- Recognition & action for major/minor illness
- Personal hygiene
- Use of First Aid equipment
On successful completion, delegates will receive an accredited Qualsafe or (EFR) Emergency First Response certificate, valid for 3 years.
Cost of course (prices exclude VAT)
At PLT Training – £235 per delegate
Offsite (customer site) – £1350 for up to 12 delegates
next course running..
Our services are fully mobile which means we are able to deliver courses in Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Solihull, Sandwell, Walsall but also Nationwide.