This awareness course is aimed at those who use substances hazardous to health at work and introduces delegates to the hazards associated with those substances, the risks and controls available, what to expect from a COSHH assessment and the possible health implications.
COSHH Awareness complements the CIEH Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace really well by introducing delegates to the inherent risks in substances and the controls available.
Upon completion the delegates will have gained knowledge of:
- An understanding of the COSHH Regulations
- How ill health and injuries occur
- Why we use a risk assessment and the legal requirements
- COSHH assessment in practice
- The principles for controlling substances hazardous to health
Successful completion will prepare delegates to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the safer use of hazardous substances in co-operation with their managers and supervisors.
Half a day