The course is designed to provide delegates with a good understanding of general Health and Safety legal requirements and their application to themselves and the other parties involved in the construction industry.
Anyone involved in construction or building work has legal duties under the
Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 to:
- Improve the planning and management of projects from the start
- Identify risks early on so they can be eliminated or reduced
- Target effort where it can do the most good in terms of Health and Safety
- Discourage unnecessary bureaucracy
Upon completion of the course the delegates will have gained knowledge of:
- The principles of CDM
- Duties of the client
- Duties of the principal designer
- Duties of the principal contractor and sub-contractors
- The pre-tender and construction phase Health and Safety plan
- The Health and Safety file
The delegates will also be aware of the requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations.