Working in confined spaces exposes an individual to a range of potential hazards, some of which may threaten injury and in some instance may possibly lead to death. Therefore, specialist training and assessment is required to equip those undertaking this type of work with the necessary skills and competencies to assess risk, control hazards and work safely.
The classroom-based part of this course will enable attendees to assess the risks from confined space entry.
The practical session will enable them to safely carry out work in a confined space entry in medium and high risk environments and includes the use of emergency rescue breathing apparatus and self-contained breathing apparatus.
Confined Spaces Course Content
Upon completion the delegates will have gained knowledge of:
- Definitions of Confined Space Entry
- Confined Space Entry on Site
- Potential Hazards in Confined Spaces and Risk Assessment
- Oxygen Rich or Deficiency, Flammability and Explosion and Toxic and Irritant Exposures •
- Physical Hazards
- Non-permit Confined Space
- Permit-Required Confined Space
- Re-classification of Confined Space
- Air Monitoring Prior to and During Entry
- Ventilating Confined Spaces
- Entry Procedures
- Duties of the Entrant, Attendant and Entry Supervisor
- Safe systems of work and Permits to Work
- Rescue Plan
- Prepare, inspect and use of Personnel Equipment including Harnesses
- Prepare, Inspect and Use of Emergency Rescue Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus In Accordance With Manufacturers Specifications
- Prepare, Inspect and Use of Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus In Accordance With Manufacturers Specifications
- Prepare, Inspect and Use of Tripods, Winches, Fall Arrest and other Safety Equipment
- Dealing with Emergencies, Self-Rescue, Non-entry Rescue and Rescue Team Entry
- Practical Exercises and Assessments
This NPORS accredited training enables delegates to safely assess and undertake entry into medium and high risk confined spaces upon completion.
Practical and written tests will be completed following the training.
Cost of course (all prices exclude VAT)
Inhouse (2 Days) – £325 per delegate
NPORS Medium Risk N702A (2 Days) – £325 per delegate
NPORS High Risk N702C (3 Days) – £395 per delegate
Medium to High Risk – 2 Days
N702A Medium Risk – 2 Days
N702C High Risk – 3 Days
next running course..
Our services are fully mobile which means we are able to deliver courses in Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Solihull, Sandwell, Walsall but also Nationwide.