Asbestos Awareness training will enable the delegates to understand the health risks associated with asbestos, which although well publicised, most employers and their employees are still unfamiliar with the legal and health requirements for preventing the exposure of employees to asbestos.
This course is aimed at all those who may be exposed to asbestos, including managers and employees who work within construction and facilities management sectors to raise their awareness of the health risks associated with asbestos, and the controls necessary to prevent exposure to employees.
Upon completion the delegates will have gained knowledge of:
- What asbestos is and where can it be found
- The health risks from asbestos
- How asbestos enters in to the body
- What effects asbestos has on the body
- What kind of work creates asbestos dust
- What do employers have to do to protect employees’ health at work
- What can employees do to protect their own health at work
- What health checks are required
- The legal requirements
- HSE guidance notes for asbestos
Successful completion will give delegates a clearer understanding of the risks associated with asbestos.
Half a day