“Those that do not learn from their mistakes, are bound to repeat them”
This one day course is ideal for Team Leaders and Supervisors who have responsibility and authority in the workplace for the investigation of accidents/incidents.
Delegates will be provided with the knowledge and skills to enable them to understand the various causes of accidents and the approaches of accident investigation. This will ensure lessons are learned and organisations do not have similar accidents again.
Learning step by step methods of investigation, delegates will learn a team approach and how to define the initial, underlying and root cause of accidents. Delegates will also be involved in completing comprehensive accident scenarios and reports and those which are legally required to be reported under RIDDOR.
Upon completion the delegates will have an understanding of:
- The definition of accident, incident and near miss
- Legal, moral and financial implications of accidents and incidents
- Those who have responsibility and authority in the workplace for the investigation of accidents/incidents
- What are the reasons why we conduct accident investigations
- Overview of general workplace hazards which are often responsible for workplace accidents
- Human error
- Deciding on an accident investigation team
- Accident investigation skills from basic initial causes to in-depth root cause analysis
- Methodology for report writing and documentation
- Accident investigation scenario with delegate integration to complete an investigation, root cause analysis and accident report
- Lessons learned
Cost of Course (Prices exclude VAT)
At PLT Training – £175 per delegate
Offsite (customer site) – £595 for up to 12 delegates
- 1 day
Our services are fully mobile which means we are able to deliver courses in Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Solihull, Sandwell, Walsall but also Nationwide.