The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) applies to anyone that uses work equipment or any machinery to support them with their duties across all sectors. This includes Power Tools, Abrasive Wheels, Lift Trucks, Drills, Safety Harnesses etc.
Under the 36 sections of the PUWER 1998 employers, employees and sub-contractors must be aware and understand of how these sections apply to them.
Topics covered during course:
- Be aware of the legal requirements within the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Understand the principles of Risk Assessment?
- Be able to identify work equipment hazards and risks
- Understand how to implement Risk Assessments in practice
- And have a working knowledge of Risk reduction controls
Our PUWER trainers all come from different backgrounds such as Professional Medic, Ex-Military, Mountain Rescue, Industry and are very educated with certificates in NEBOSH, IOSH, First Aid etc. With their knowledge and experience in this field they are able to share their experienced into the delivery of the course and give valuable advice of the do’s and don’ts.
Successful completion of this course delegates are provided with a PUWER 1998 certificate. After this course delegates have the option to build their H&S knowledge by booking themselves onto the IOSH Managing Safely course.
To book or discuss your training requirements please call us now on 01902 862777.