- Provide learners with the knowledge and skills to enable them to create solid principles about engaging, motivating, assisting, reinforcing, and sustaining safe behaviours.
- Emphasise increasing safe behaviours rather than focusing on length of time without injury.
- Examine the motivation underlying behaviours, in order to increase safe behaviour.
Behavioural Based Safety Training
Works Managers, Health and Safety Managers, Supervisors, Safety Representatives and Team Leaders will be provided with the knowledge and skills to enable them to create solid principles about engaging, motivating, assisting, reinforcing, and sustaining safe behaviours.
The course takes a systematic approach, examining the motivation underlying behaviours, in order to increase safe behaviour. Emphasises increasing safe behaviours rather than focusing on length of time without injury.
This course is not a substitute for an already existing comprehensive health and safety programmes – it is a supplementary tool that will enhance the effect of already existing practices and will allow for an objective measurement system of human behaviour in relation to safety in the workplace.
Book our Behavioural Based Safety Training
If you require an offsite course, please use our enquiry form and we will get back to you.
DISCLAIMERIt is your responsibility to ensure you have booked the correct course. Refunds will not be issued where you have selected the incorrect skill level.
Upon completion the delegates will have an understanding of:
- The meaning of behavioural based safety
- The importance of a health and safety policy
- Management and supervisors moral and legal responsibilities for workplace safety
- The legal penalties of health and safety violations
- Methods used to protect workers
- Workers legal responsibilities
- The concepts of behavioural based safety (BBS)
- Statistically, safe attitudes result in accident prevention
- How to develop safe attitudes in the workplace
- The difference between human errors and violations
- Reduction of workplace injuries and illnesses where possible
- Encouraging methods for employees to report near misses, incidents and accidents
COST OF COURSE (PRICE EXCLUDES VAT)
PLT Training Centre – £175 per delegate
Offsite (customers site) – £695 for up to 12 delegates