Asbestos Awareness training will enable the delegates to understand the health risks associated with asbestos, which although well publicised, most employers and their employees are still unfamiliar with the legal and health requirements for preventing the exposure of employees to asbestos.
This course is aimed at all those who may be exposed to asbestos, including managers and employees who work within construction and facilities management sectors to raise their awareness of the health risks associated with asbestos, and the controls necessary to prevent exposure to employees.
Topics covered during course:
- What asbestos is and where it can be found
- The health risks from asbestos
- How asbestos enters the body
- What effects asbestos has on the body
- What kind of work creates asbestos dust
- What employers must do to protect employees health at work
- What employees can do to protect their own health at work
- What health checks are required
- The legal requirements
- HSE guidance for asbestos
Our Asbestos Awareness trainers all come from different backgrounds such as Professional Medic, Ex-Military, Mountain Rescue, Industry and are very educated with certificates in NEBOSH, IOSH, First Aid etc. With their knowledge and experience in this field they are able to share their experienced into the delivery of the course and give valuable advice of the do’s and don’ts.
Successful completion of this course delegates are provided with a Asbestos Awareness certificate. After this course delegates have the option to build their H&S knowledge by booking themselves onto the IOSH Managing Safely course.
To book or discuss your training requirements please call us now on 01902 862777.